To celebrate Learning at Work Week (LAWWeek) and the theme, Curious and Creative, I designed and delivered four creative thinking masterclasses during LAWWeek. Each one designed to meet the special needs of the four very different audiences.
Harnessing Creativity: Thriving in today’s world requires curiosity, adaptability and a drive to keep evolving. Creative thinking inspires and enables open mindedness and agile productive thinking; generates opportunities; encourages exploration of impact beyond personal perspectives.
Our Extended Workplaces: Modern business models mean we don’t all work in neatly defined workplaces. Our networks and teams extend across borders, through communities and, for many, home offices are now critical hubs. The disparate, diverse, sometimes virtual, nature of our working locations and practices, can create a distance that is not measured in miles. Therefore, coming together to access learning is good for business… and for the soul.
i) Creatively Profitable helped 1-2 person enterprises from a variety of sectors harness the power of creative thinking to build and boost their businesses.
- “Generating ideas can be so much fun with collaboration”
- “I’m going to look at my business from a client perspective”
ii) Commercially Profitable supported a local public sector organisation, helping them develop and use their creative thinking skills to add value to the local economy and community.
- “I’m now going to take time out to be more creative in coming up with ideas to improve our service and the people we reach out to”
- I re-discovered how great / energising it is to have an open mind”
iii) Creatively Together helped a multi-disciplinary group at a well-known tech company embrace and extend their creative thinking skills to improve collaboration and communication.
Participants said following the masterclass they are going to…
- “Approach problems differently”
- “See from others’ point of view”
- “Keep the criticism until late stages so that ideas can develop”
iv) Creatively Together helped a multi-disciplinary team from a global brand embrace and extend their creative thinking skills to improve collaboration and communication.
- “Having done the masterclass I’m now going to take a step back and understand what the problem is first before trying to solve it”
- “Each individual has got different thought patterns; ability talent etc. We are different and that is great. If we let each person shine and tap into their potential we can create really great things”